Dr. Andrew Taylor Still founded this branch of therapy known as Osteopathy in 1874. Osteopathy is a form of integrative therapy that uses manual assessment in treatment of the body. By integrating the body’s structure and function, the practitioner uses gentle manipulation and allow the body to restore proper body mechanics, nerve impulses and to give the body fluid circulation.
Osteopathic treatment uses an integrative approach to work on the body:
- The body is a dynamic unit of function
- The body has its own set of self-regulating and self-protecting mechanisms
- Body structure and function are working together and interrelated
Osteopathy is a natural medicine appropriate for the whole family. Some common reasons to visit an Osteopathic Manual Practitioner are;
- Back and neck pain
- Overuse injuries
- Musculoskeletal aches and pains
- Pregnancy related discomfort
- Sports injuries
For more information regarding pricing refer to our fees page.